GaTAPP – Program Entrance Requirements
Prior to admission into the FDRESA GaTAPP Program, candidates must meet all requirements listed below:
- Secure a job offer for a teaching position in a local system.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree (or higher) from an accredited college or university in a related field of study (min. 2.5 GPA).
- Pass the Program Admission GACE (or qualify for exemption with a passing score on the SAT, GRE, or ACT). It is possible to exempt the Program Admission GACE if you passed the Praxis I test prior to September 1, 2006 with the following scores:
- SAT exemption: Combine 1000
- GRE exemption: combined 1030 Verbal and Qauntitative
- ACT exemption: Combined 43 English and Math
- Pass the appropriate content GACE.
- Special Education candidates must pass the SpEd General Curriculum or SpEd Adaptive Curriculum assessment prior to program entry. Special Education teacher candidates must pass any additional content assessments prior to program completion.
- Complete the Educator Ethics – Program Entry assessment (Test 350).
- Provide official transcripts from all colleges or universities.
- Obtain a Georgia Criminal History Report & fingerprinting with your local school system.
- Submit a complete application packet.
Note: Applicants should not have:
- Completed student teaching in undergraduate or graduate work.
- Held a Clear Renewable Teaching or Technical Specialist certificate.
Vondesa Lee, Program Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org